Contact Us & Careers
At Vermont Mechanical, it’s what’s inside that counts. We value our people above everything, and recognize their dedication and skills with benefits that help them feel rewarded for a job well done. There’s a reason we have so many long-term career employees here.
For a list of current job openings, please visit our Indeed.com Careers page by clicking here: VT MECHANICAL JOBS
Please complete an application to be consider for any future job postings: VMI Job application (mobile friendly need Microsoft account) or complete the PDF here: VMI Application. Once you’ve completed the application, save it and send it to [email protected]
Vermont Mechanical Inc. is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or national origin.
Current Job Listings
Senior Project Manager
At Vermont Mechanical, it’s what’s inside that counts: a core value that resonates throughout the organization. Commitment to customers drives the organization to be aggressively innovative in the solutions it presents, and it hires experienced, skilled professionals who get the job done with integrity and intelligence. Joining the VMI team means collaborating with industry experts who go above and beyond to build lasting relationships with customers.
Vermont Mechanical began operations in 1988, and it has grown to become a leader in the field by providing mechanical systems solutions to a diverse set of industries including healthcare, government, and education. The Williston, Vermont location houses the latest in material and systems fabrication equipment. Finished HVAC and plumbing system components are used by VMI’s onsite teams throughout the state and region.
Vermont Mechanical is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager who is knowledgeable about hospital-related mechanical systems. The ideal candidate understands how to navigate between and communicate with field teams, maintenance staff, and user groups to provide what the customer needs. A strong background in controls, systems, budgeting, and estimating is preferred. The position plans, directs, and coordinates activities of multiple jobs simultaneously to ensure objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters. The position also mentors and supports other project managers, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of various resources to various phases of project. Conveys goals to project foreman.
- Communicates with user groups, field teams, maintenance staff, and other teams to receive input on designs and ensure customers get what they need.
- Integrates well with project teams and campus personnel to ensure expectations are clear, small details are not overlooked, and everyone is on the same page about designs and maintenance.
- Understands what customers need to effectively provide support in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of the project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project foreman to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Evaluates the results of each project’s operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to department management. Corrects developing problems in close coordination with foremen and site team to protect budgetary constraints.
- Ensures foremen have adequate resources to maximize revenue and reduce costs on a job-by-job basis.
- Promotes departmental communication and adequate information
- Directs safety compliance on each project, ensuring all employees have an awareness of standards and comply with company and jobsite standards.
- Evaluates and recommends operating and capital equipment needs to department manager.
- Executes directives outlining policy, program or operations changes to be implemented on each Ensures compliance among field personnel.
- Promotes the company brand by actively participating in industry associations.
- Possesses thorough knowledge and understanding of construction project management techniques.
- Works quickly and accurately under pressure; can handle considerable stress.
- Is well organized, neat, and accurate, with excellent ability to prioritize.
- Evaluates and enhances performance of department foremen and field personnel.
- Industry knowledge and hospital experience are a must.
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills (esp. Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to multitask, set priorities and execute tasks efficiently and effectively.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive field experience in construction, with emphasis on mechanical (HVACR) and hospital systems.
- College degree preferred. Background in personnel management desired.
Vermont Mechanical Inc. Apprenticeship Program
Vermont Mechanical Inc. is pleased to offer an Apprenticeship program to encourage new entry into the HVAC Trade. We offer Apprenticeship programs for Plumbing and Pipe Fitters and on the job training for Service Technicians and Sheet Metal Installers.
Vermont Mechanical, Inc. is a full service Mechanical Contractor that has been serving Vermont, New Hampshire and upstate New York for the past 25 years. Vermont Mechanical, Inc. was founded on the philosophy that our people are responsible for our reputation.
When a seasoned employee teaches a relatively inexperienced worker how to perform job functions, it is on-the-job training or an apprenticeship. This is skill-based training that involves learning processes or procedures for jobs that require knowledge and expertise in the HVAC trades. Our Apprentices study under the guidance of a master plumber or sheet metal installer. They are assigned to learn through watching the master tradesman perform tasks and work alongside other master tradesmen. During the early stages of an apprenticeship, the future tradesman may do simple tasks such as drilling and laying out tools. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, s/he becomes a journeyman — a tradesman with the knowledge and skill level necessary to most of the required work. A journeyman can become a master plumber with experience and further training.
Apprentices are required to complete the State Application for either Vermont or New Hampshire and keep careful accurate records of hours worked under the program and to have their supervisor sign off on the documented hours worked.
We welcome new applications for the Vermont Mechanical Apprenticeship program and would like to create new opportunities for those interested in a career with Vermont Mechanical Inc. For more information on our program, please contact Human Resources at (802) 264-1158.
Vermont Mechanical, Inc. is proud to partner with SkillTech, a local HVAC Technician Training Program at the Center for Technology in Essex Junction, VT.
Below is the link to the site